Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day 1 of Vacation-- Outlets and Outlets

For the trip down to Myrtle Beach, I had a plan on how I wanted things to go.  I planned on waking up at my "normal" time  around 5am, showering while CTB slept, pack the last minute items in the car, wake up CTB, feed him, and then lock and load. Here is how the morning really went..... Mommy wakes up at 3:30am. I go downstairs and wash some bottles I hadn't planned on taking but decided it would be nice to have them.  I go back upstairs and try to go back to sleep but no such luck.  Around 5am I get in the shower and get myself ready.  I go downstairs and check Carter's List...first I cross through the items that I have packed and then they get a check when they have successfully made it into the car.
 
Around 6:00am (on schedule), RTB wakes up little man. He changes him, feeds, him, and burps him while I get all last minute items in the car. 


Finally at 6:32am, CTB and I are loaded in the car and headed to MiMi's house to get her! We arrive and get all of her stuff in the car and we are on the road by 6:50am...10 minutes ahead of schedule ;)
CTB played with his lovie for about 15 minutes and then was out until we got to the Carolina Premium Outlets! MiMi fed him in the car while I ran into Cracker Barrel to go potty.  Once CTB was done eating we walked around Cracker Barrel and changed CTB.  We decided we needed some more time to let CTB stretch out so we also walked around Carolina Pottery..trouble! After about 1 1/2 hours we were back on the road.  Our next stop was right off of 17 outside of Wilmington.  It was time for CTB to eat and I realized I hadn't eaten a thing all day.  I went in search for an outlet but couldn't find one.  It ends up I had to stand on a chair at the entrance of this restaurant in order to heat up CTB's bottle...the things you do for your kids:)
We were back on the road after I scarfed down lunch and got some gas. MiMi sat in the back with CTB for the last leg of  the trip and played with him until he fell asleep.  Then.... FINALLY! We were at the beach!  We made it! Now we just had to wait for daddy, Auntie Tammy, and Cousin Jordan to arrive later that night!



No comments:

Post a Comment