Thursday, April 5, 2012

Life Lesson #1

  I hope that as the parents of CTB we will of course teach him his ABC's, 123's, colors, shapes, etc.  Hopefully he will also learn those tough life lessons along the way.  A lesson that I still struggle with on a daily basis because I am such a people pleaser is
"You can't make everyone happy" 
Well with every problem there is a solution and so far the only solution I have found with this is to make sure that you are happy and next that whatever you are doing doesn't blatently harm anyone else.  It extremely tough to do this but you are the only one who can make you happy so do what you need to do! So CTB as it comes time for you to make decisions that can affect other people in different ways just make sure that you are making yourself happy because that is the number one priority.

1 comment:

  1. Oh so true! I just read this article this morning: http://kateelizabethconner.com/motherhood-101-the-first-year/

    I love the advice to be an advocate for your baby and do what is best for him even if it means disappointing others. Not sure what inspired your post today, but I know I struggle, especially when visiting home, to make everyone else happy even if it makes me and little man miserable. We won't be doing that again! We need to be happy to be healthy and do what is best for us :)

    ReplyDelete