Monday, August 27, 2012

227 days later.......

227 days later........ CTB finally got to meet his Uncle Rusty.  Rusty was stationed in Hawaii with the U.S. Army and had come home for Christmas but had left just one week shy of CTB's big debut! So CTB had to wait and wait and wait to meet his one and only Uncle for 7 1/2 months!

  I knew that I wanted to have something special for CTB to wear but also kept in mind that these were men I was dealing with so didn't want to go to crazy on the cuteness factor!  I ordered a bib from an Etsy Shop that was made out of original army fatigues and had "BEVAN" embroidered on one of the tags.  I was SOO excited about this bib...it looks completely legit! The day before he arrived, CTB and I made a sign to hold for him at the airport in case he didn't see the other 6 people trampling him down ;)

  Finally at 11:30am only 18 minutes after the orginal arrival time (it was late due to storms), Rusty came walking out of the gate!! YAAAAY!!! Everyone had their tears and got their hugs! CTB was very interested in this new man...he looks a lot like RTB but kind of not in the same sense! Now CTB has met all of his aunts and uncles!! WHEW that only took half a year!

 At Auntie Tammy's wearing my cool Bib!
 Holding the sign
"I've been waiting my whole life to meet you! (That's 227 days to be exact!)"
 The handoff!
Hiiii Uncle Rusty!

Caught on video

No comments:

Post a Comment