Thursday, March 1, 2012

Going Back..... Preparing for CTB

Now I'm going to go WAY back *hint of sarcasm* to document the days and months leading up to our wedding day!!

RTB and I began dating in November of 2010.  We had a lot of fun together and each got along so well with each other's family! We enjoyed a few trips together....New Years to OBX, a random trip to Dover Downs, and Myrtle Beach!

On May 6, 2011 our lives were changed forever. At work that day, I had been having a strange pain in my tailbone. I had never had this pain before so at first I thought nothing of it as I had enjoyed myself a little bit too much the night before at a Cinco de Mayo celebration. As I was driving home I had to stop at the pharmacy to pick up shampoo so I decided to pick up something else too.  I got home and sure enough 2 solid lines were showing clear as day on the test.  SURPRISE!! I called RTB and had him come over to my house after work.  I told him our big surprise and we were excited to begin this new chapter in our lives!


I had my first doctor's appointment and found out I was due on January 9, 2012!  That sounded like a great day to have a baby..right?!? The first ultrasound was AMAZING...we got to see the baby's heart beat flickering on the monitor and it made things SO real!  We were so excited to begin preparing for our little bundle after that first appointment.  How in the world was I going to wait until September to find out the gender?!? I am soo impatient and such a "planner".


I convinced RTB to do a 4D ultrasound at 17 weeks.  One of my best friends from VA Beach had one done and recommended a company to us to have it done.  So...one Saturday we made the drive to VA Beach to peak at our little munchkin.  On the 2 1/2 hour drive down  RTB and I discussed our guesses on girl or boy and possible names.  We had pretty much already decided on our boy name but had a lot of discussion about a girl name.  We decided to table the discussion until we actually had reason to officially decide!  The 4D ultrasound was AMAZING!  We got 30 minutes straight of watching our little one move around.  Of course the baby did not make it easy on us for determining the gender.... legs crossed and being VERY modest.  The technician did get a few good shots of our little BOY!!! BOY OH BOY!!! I knew all along that it was going to be a boy and for some reason have always thought I was going to be a mother to all boys! RTB was SO excited as well!! We couldn't wait to tell our family and friends.



3 weeks later we had out 20 week "gender" appointment.  We were lucky enough to get to see our little man AGAIN!! The technician confirmed that it was in fact a BOY!  The excitement seemed the same as it did 3 weeks ago!  All of his measurements were perfect and was measuring at exactly 20 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment