Thursday, March 1, 2012

Going Back.....The Nursery


   Choosing a theme for Carter's room wasn't difficult for me.  About 3 weeks after I found out I was pregnant I lost my grandfather, PaPa.  I knew that in some way I wanted to preserve his memory through Carter and what better way then his room!  My grandfather LOVED cars...he loved to work on cars, drive fast cars, and sell cars.  So part of the theme of his room was CARS!!! That wasn't too hard.  Another piece I wanted to incorporate into his nursery was "Carter's Store".  My dad's side of our family is from Goochland and owned a general store back in the day and it was named Carter's Store.  The day of my grandfather's funeral we drove by the old store, since condemned, and spent some time reflecting on my grandfather's life.  There was an old sign that said "Carter's Store" on it and I knew that I wanted to recreate a sign just like it for the nursery. So there is was a combination of Cars and "Carter's Store" would be the theme of his room.  Here are a few of the details......
Car, Truck, and Van Mobile 
Thanks to Mom & Dad and PBK
Mobile over his Crib
Thanks to Mama Sherry for the personalization on his bedding!

The original "Carter's Store" sign that I needed to attempt to recreate!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful way to cherish both your father and grandfather.

    ReplyDelete