Thursday, March 1, 2012

Going Back......Non-Baby "Baby Shower"

Let me start off by saying that although I am a "traditional" type of girl one thing that I am not "traditional" on is Baby Showers. When my best friend offered to throw me a baby shower I was a little hesitant!  I knew that I did not want the traditional shower with baby carriages, "It's a Boy!" banners, measure the belly game or any games for that matter, or platters full of light blue food.  Luckily my best friend is AMAZING and totally understood.  I was able to give her a general idea of what I wanted she planned the rest.  My guidelines...

1. I wanted it to feel more like a party then a "baby shower".  This means inviting boys and children. This means there must be alcohol. This means a relaxed feel with no set agenda. This means we have it at our house.
2. I did not want it to look like light blue threw up all over my house. She asked if we could do a "fall" theme since it was going to be on October 15 and I thought that sounded great!

So those were the guidelines and here are a few pictures to show what an AMAZING job she did at pulling off our non-baby baby shower! We were so overwhelmed by our family and friends' generosity for the little man. Thank you each so much for everything!

The food table
Candy Bar for the favor PLUS wonderful cookies made by Kooking in Kate's Kitchen
One of my favorite cookies
Mr. & Mrs.
My family...minus TeTe
My sister-in-laws...The Bevan Girls!
My best friends plus Will. Thank you both so much for everything!!


No comments:

Post a Comment