Friday, March 2, 2012

Going Back.....Being Pregnant

  As I said in a previous post, I am usually a traditional type of gal but not when it comes to baby showers and I guess...being pregnant.

  For the most part, I had a very easy pregnancy.  I had a little bit of nausea my first trimester but other than that did not spend my time throwing up everything I ate or smelt something that didn't agree.  The first trimester I craved Casa Grande's taco salad and queso dip LIKE WOAH!  We probably ate there at least 3 times a week those first couple of months and when we weren't at Casa I was at home trying to figure out ways to recreate the taco salad and queso dip at home. My second trimester I had nothing really remarkable to report except preparing for little man.  The third trimester brought interesting new challenges.  For example, sleeping became increasingly more difficult.  I had a a body pillow that I attempted to contort into a shape that made it a little bit more comfortable for me. I slept usually from my grandma bedtime of 9pm until maybe 2am or 3am then I was up baking muffins or responding to emails or pretending like I was asleep so RTB wouldn't wake up! Another blessing my third trimester brought was heartburn/indigestion...HOLY MOLY!  It seemed like everything I ate sat right at the bottom of my throat and burned!!  The old wives tale is that if you have bad heartburn that the baby has hair.  I was praying that this tale was true because I didn't have any hair when I was born and didn't really have any hair until I was 2/3ish.  My poor mom used to scotch tape bows in my hair...how embarrassing!

   I believe here would be the place where I insert pictures of my progressing pregnancy...come on you know, those belly shots each week.  Well I did not take one of those pictures. Maybe one day I will regret not being able to see my belly grow and change from week to week but that day was not when I was pregnant nor is it today. Here are a few pictures taken over the 9 months......
4 weeks pregnant: The night before I found out I was pregnant.
8 weeks pregnant: At one of his best friends' weddings 
 15 weeks pregnant: 4 generations (TeTe, Mom, Grandma, Me/Baby B)
 19 weeks pregnant: Twinie's Baby Shower
 27 weeks pregnant: Our baby shower
 32 weeks pregnant: Our Wedding Weekend
38 1/2 weeks pregnant: New Years Eve
40 weeks 2 days pregnant: Last picture taken of me pregnant

No comments:

Post a Comment